We are looking to speak with skilled production or machine operators, would you like to progress on to a more technical operative role as a machine setter. The career path after this is into injection mold so it is really worth considering this for the next step for you.
Are you technically minded?
Can you tinker and fix machines, sensors etc?
Machine Setter Job Summary
Without you, the assembly line would be at a standstill. We are looking for multiple machine setters to breathe life into the machines and robots that cut and assemble the metals and plastics used to manufacture our clients products. You will be at the heart of our clients factory operations and part of a dynamic team of workers who take pride in their final products.
- Set up auxiliary machines for their daily work in the production line
- Install and align machines using hand tools, measuring instruments and templates
- Set machines cutting angles, depths, speed and feed rates according to production plans
- Start up machines to engage their operating mechanisms, including cooling, feeding and lubricating components
- Check machine for operating malfunctions or final product defects while cutting or forming throughout the day to ensure it continues to cut or form material per specifications; make any necessary repairs or adjustments
- Maintain machines daily, including cleaning and/or oiling all working parts and ensuring there is plenty of coolant in the appropriate reservoirs.
- Change minor parts.
- Remove jammed materials from machine using proper safety protocols and equipment, such as lift bars and wires hooks, when needed; notify supervisor of repetitive jam issues and when machine requires servicing over and above your maintenance responsibilities
Job Skills and Qualifications
Leaving certificate or above.
Willingness to participate in on-the-job training
Experience with machine setting tools
4 shift cycle over days and nights.