FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting an experienced Production Operative with experience of Assembly, Maintenance or similar in a Production environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor:
- Follow all Health & Safety procedures and adhere to the company's Safety Statement at all times; identify any risks/hazards or faulty equipment and report them to the Supervisor immediately. If/when working on Customer sites ensure that their safety rules and practices are followed.
- Carry out conveyor belting work allocated by the Production Supervisor including:-
- Cutting to length & width Conveyor belting, & re-rolling
- Making of Vulcanized Joints
- Making of Mechanical Fastener Joints
- Construction of Specialized cleated belts
- Installation of Bonded Drum Lagging
- Preparation of Skirting rubber & cut rubber parts
- Spray Application of MetaLine PU coatings
- Preparation of rubber parts & rubber lining
- Selection & packing of stocked items; liaise with and assist the Production Supervisor in relation to the storing of goods and raw materials in the warehouse.
- Participate in Quality Control (QC) as required, including monitoring of the production process and carrying out basic testing and quality checks as directed.
- Load and unload items as required an in accordance with safe practices
- Assist Supervisor in machinery maintenance: identify damaged or ineffective equipment and/or remove machine attachments as necessary/as directed.
- Maintain positive team relations with colleagues and provide excellent customer service to visiting customers
- Assist Supervisor in good stock management; inform Supervisor if stock items are running low.
- Maintain security on site at all times.
- Assist the Supervisor with any R&D tasks required, for example, working with new products or changing existing working methods to improve current products.
- Identify inefficiencies & improvements required and communicate them to the Supervisor
- Assume some of the Supervisor's tasks during holiday periods
- Use of lifting equipment and forklift trucks
- Minimum Leaving Certificate
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment is essential and experience of the conveyor industry is desirable. Experience of spray painting in the manufacturing setting would be advantageous.
- English is the language used in the workplace and on customer sites for Health & Safety reasons. The role will involve form-filling and other paper work through English and so good spoken and written English is required.
- Good computer skills and literacy
- A good understanding of health and safety and its importance in the workplace
- Valid Fork-lift Licence and Valid Manual Handling certificate are essential and Safe Pass
Abrasive Wheels training are desirable.
- A positive approach to customer service is essential. Previous experience of dealing with customers' queries and complaints efficiently and effectively is desirable.
- Good organisational skill & tidiness are essential in order to maintain a tidy workshop and/or vehicle at all times.
- Strong team player. This work relies on good team work in order to ensure quality product.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential for this work and good concentration is essential at all times to ensure safe work and production of quality product.
- Ability to carry out work in a timely manner, together with the ability to work under pressure. Experience of working calmly and coping with emergency situations is desirable.
- This roll involves some lifting of equipment. Good physical health is therefore required.