Currently recruiting for a Production Manager for our manufacturing client based in Co: Monaghan
The principal role of the Production Manager is to manage the continuous production process, ensuring all KPI targets are achieved, for the various products including the managing & motivation of the Production Team (General Operatives, Line Leaders).
You will be responsible, also to maintain and improve plant efficiency, reduce cost, maximize profitability plus maintain a high standard of housekeeping and H&S on the entire site.
The range of activities will include communicating production targets to your production team, monitoring progress, actioning any recovery plans necessary, managing, and attending daily / weekly meetings, motivating your team, ensuring all reporting and documents are maintained, participating in Quality, Maintenance, Engineering, Logistics, Warehouse & Shipping, Procurement, H & S and Process meetings.
Assisting in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing projects plus R&D trials and new investment projects
You will be reporting into the General Manager
Role and Responsibilities;
- Optimise the overall Plant performance by ensuring budgeted production yields, speeds & occupation times are achieved / improved upon
- Manage and motivate the entire Production Team (Line Leaders, General Operatives), ensuring correct manning and multi-skill levels are maintained for the various operations plus relevant training & coaching is provided so as operators have a good understanding and operation of the production equipment.
- Manage and participate in all daily/weekly meetings in relation to Production-Process Control - Planning - Procurement - H&S - Quality - R&D - Maintenance and ensuring all relevant information is communicated to the Line Leaders plus all other relevant personnel.
- Manage the daily production / process line problems and assist in implementing technical solutions or adjustments, if necessary, in consultation with other departments as appropriate (Process, Maintenance, Engineering, Quality, R&D etc).
- Formalise and maintain up to date production process documentation, technical specifications and ensure all standard operating procedures [SOP's] and training instructions are compatible with all the ongoing process changes that may occur.
- Ensure all Company Policies, and House Agreement Rules are adhered to by the Production Team and along with the Line Leaders and the General Manager, maintain good, H&S / Working conditions / Quality standards plus manage any disciplinary, attendance, timekeeping, and holiday issues that may arise.
- To assist, along with the Line Leaders and Planning/Warehouse Manager, in the weekly and monthly stock takes plus the ordering of all production & operations consumables as required inc. all First Aid supplies.
- To assess and lead regular audits of production lines and propose process improvements to improve plant manufacturing KPI's and Continuous Improvement standards re yields, speeds, and occupation times.
- Liase with suppliers or contractors for small modifications and propose capital projects for large scale modifications.
- Ensure the deployment of the company Production System (GPS) standards based on Lean Manufacturing principals and its methodologies.
- Define goals, content, and schedule of assigned Continuous Improvement (CI) programs/projects in line with plant strategy, GPS roadmap and targets...
Production Management experience within a Manufacturing environment.
Good negotiating and communication skills within a Unionised environment.
Requirements for the Production Manager;
-Strong technical problem-solving ability and drive
-Organised, structured, rigorous and ability to work under pressure
-Strong interest for hands-on and on-the-floor involvement with machines and people
-Competence in Lean Manufacturing Principles
-Knowledge of Quality Systems (FMECA, SPC, Metrology, 6M, 5W, …)
-Knowledge of mechanical & electrical automation design & systems & components
-Strong cross functional project management skills
-Strong mechatronic aptitude & experience of continuous automated production lines
-Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes
-Degree qualification in Mechanical or Process engineering and 5+ years, experience of continuous process manufacturing. Also consider Degree qualifications in Science & Engineering.
-Lean or 6 Sigma qualification an advantage
-Competent in MS Office, PowerPoint Presentations.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.