Are you a Production Supervisor/Manager coming from a mechanical background looking for your next role in the Kildare/Leinster area?
Do you want to work in an organisation with an excellent reputation and very low staff turnover where people tend to stay for many years?
If so, this is the career advancing Production Manager job that you have been looking for!
YOUR NEW COMPANY:
My client is an established Irish company with two manufacturing facilities based in Co. Kildare and part of a global group of companies that employ over 10,000 staff across over a 100 sites globally.
Currently recruiting for a Production Manager for one of their Kildare plants my client manufacture products for the housing, industrial and agricultural sectors and are currently enjoying an exciting period of growth in their business.
As Production Manager you will be working in my clients metal forming plant which enjoys a great reputation as a great place to work with very low staff turnover and where people tend to stay.
There's a great culture and you will be working in a smaller site but as part of a large multi-national, so you get to enjoy the best of both worlds!
YOUR NEW JOB
As Production Manager you will be working in my clients metal forming plant which will see you leading operations for this site and being responsible for the safe and efficient running of the process and ensuring the highest quality of products for my client's customers
Day to day some of your key duties will include
- Responsible for the safety of all personnel, processes, and operations
- Lead and supervise the operations area toward achieving area KPIs
- Managing a team of 16 consisting of both new and experienced employees
- Liaising closely with the sales team
- Lead periodic meetings , focusing on Safety, the customer, costs and 5S.
- Drive continuous improvement processes for safety, quality, productivity, and workplace organisation
- Ensure quality procedures and standards are adhered to in manufacturing
- Devise and implement a development plan for the team. Carry out annual Performance reviews with your team members and identify and organize training needs as required.
- Liaise with the electrical and mechanical charge hands to ensure maintenance planning is meeting the requirements of the area.
- Address disciplinary issues as they arise.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
To be successful in the Production Manager job you'll have a proven track record in leadership and team building and the ability to develop your group. You'll be analytical and skilled in both interpreting and processing information and you'll have the ability to drive change and positively influence others.
Ideally you'll have 5 years + leadership experience in a manufacturing context and a relevant mechanical trades qualification or diploma/degree would be very advantageous
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
There is a competitive salary of €50k+ plus pension and the opportunity to work in a very supportive Ops Manager who has a great reputation and very easy to work with. There will be lots of opportunity to progress your career and because my client operates 2 divisions/plants under the same campus there are always opportunities to move between the two business for those looking for a change while staying in the same organisation.
Sound like your cup of tea? Then don't hesitate and apply today!