Are you a Production Manager with a proven ability to influence others at different levels in the organisation who is ready to make your mark in a growing and evolving site?
Are you the kind of Production Manager who enjoys providing the leadership and motivation that helps to create a strong team culture within your team and that drives a culture of Continuous Improvement?
Are you a strong relationship builder who understands people and how to manage them along with excellent communication & presentation skills?
If so, this is the job that you have been looking for?
Our client whose plant is commutable from South Tipperary, South Limerick & North Cork, is recruiting for a Shift Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Milling & Grain this is a key role for my client and you'll have an extensive remit that will see you responsible for optimising the throughput of the Milling operation and systems, ensuring maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the Mill.
You will take responsibility for the planning, management and implementation of process development and improvement activities and specific project activities with due consideration for line efficiencies, costs, deadlines and quality.
This role offers an excellent salary that is negotiable doe plus up to 20% bonus and pension,
My client is very focused in fostering an environment that helps employees achieve a sustainable work life balance and unlike some multi-national's people days actually finish on time and you are not expected to 'put in the hours' or 'be available online' when their day has ended!
THE PRODUCTION/SHIFT MANAGER JOB
Some of the key elements of the Production Manager job to whet your appetite include:
- Communicates directly with all departments in the production of feed and the management of the Milling operations ensuring that all product is produced to the required quality standard
- Monitors the use and maintains accurate inventories of raw materials, initiates reordering when necessary.
- Use Continuous Improvement (CI) tools to drive process improvements and problem solving within the feed mill operations.
- Monitor key production metrics such as throughput, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), production schedule compliance, etc. and initiate improvement plans where required.
- Promote a safety-first culture, quickly identify & resolve any safety hazards.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of production personnel.
- Manages the grain operations on site including the intake, treatment and drying at harvest time.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the plant hygiene programme.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a plant calibration programme.
- Raise purchase requisitions relevant to the manufacturing process and GRN same.
- Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure state and EU regulations relating to the production and sale of animal feedstuffs are always adhered to.
What we need from you
You will hold a relevant degree with al least 2+ years' experience in a similar role with previous experience with Oracle and ERP systems being highly advantageous for this job.
To hit the ground running in the Production Manager role you will be capable of understanding the underlying processes across the full remit of the role as well as having a good understanding of planned and preventative maintenance.
Sound like your cup of tea?
To apply, click the button!