Production Lead - Pharma
My client, a leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturer based in Co. Wicklow, is looking for an experienced and dynamic Production Lead to join their team.
This is a permanent position with a very attractive salary and benefits package. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Lead with experience working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment to join and progress career in a growing and dynamic organisation.
A little about the role..
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, the successful Production Lead will be responding for leading the production team in meeting their targets.
The position requires effective leadership of teams and individuals as well as the application of sound technical skills to drive the department forward. The Production Lead will support the manufacturing schedule for the Tableting Department through the consistent, efficient, validated and safe production of finished pharmaceutical products in strict compliance with cGMP.
Responsibilities ( A snapshot…)
- Lead and promote a culture of Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement within the Tableting Department
- Lead and promote performance management and communication across the Department
- To provide first-line support and act as mentor to the Operations Team Leaders and Graduate trainees in the area.
- Foster and environment where change is embraced.
- Working alongside our HR department, lead & drive recruitment for the Tableting Department.
- Deputise for the Production Manager including participation in tier 1-5 operational performance dialogue.
- Working closely with our planning department, formulate, maintain & publish the monthly production schedules.
- First line support/designee for the Production Manager for day to day operational support issues i.e. handling all operational safety & quality issues, ensuring schedule accuracy/adherence in multiple work centres.
- Assistance in the development of a documentation system to augment training, compliance and cGMP in Production Department (SOPs, MIs, training records).
- Key role in preparation & execution of regulatory, internal & customer audits.
- Minimum of a Degree in Science or related discipline.
- Relevant Lean qualification desirable.
- Experience in a leadership role, dealing with significant change.
- Previous experience in managing the performance of individual team members and that of the overall team/department.
- Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing is preferable.
For a confidential discussion and to see the full Job Description contact
Kerry on 086 044 3981