This position is responsible for providing a full range of production engineering function to the manufacturing and post production operations. You will also provide technical support to customers and the customer service team. The role will also have responsibility for all production material specifications and quotation requests. This will include:
* All aspects of raw materials specification.
* Liaising with suppliers on raw material specification and costings
* Providing technical support to customers
* Ownership of quotation process
* Liaising and coordinating with other elements of the Production and Quality departments
* Analysis and evaluation of alternative products
* Co-ordinating group alignment on raw material & production codes
* General support to the Manufacturing Manager and Production operations
* Support of the "Day to Day" engineering function
The position will be responsible generating, detailing specification and logging drawings for all raw material, production and finished product drawings. This will include the coordination of Bills of Material (BOMs) and coding structures across the Group and assisting the Finance, Scheduling and other elements of Production with any related queries.
Is this the role for you?
- Ideally qualified to Degree level in engineering related discipline, preferably mechanical, mechatronic, process or manufacturing engineering.
- Min 5 years of experience working in an engineering related manufacturing environment with demonstrable bandwidth to operate across production / quality related disciplines in a high volume, high pace production environment
- CAD (Computer Aided Design) qualification
- Ability to combine technical engineering skills with hand on, practical approach in a production and quality engineering environment
- Experience in certification of electric components and appliances and knowledge of circuitry reliability
This is a great company to work with in the Cavan area, they are regarded as a solid employer of choice and have a down to earth yet professional collaborative culture.