Product Technical Specialist Principal
Product Technical Specialist Principal
FRS Recruitment are working exclusively with our globally present, financial services client to recruit a technical support leader to provide outstanding customer and technical expertise while managing a team of Level 2 and Level 3 staff. Our client are offering this position within a fully remote working model with access to a number of hubs around the country. Customer-centricity is paramount for this position as you will be expected to utilise your strong interpersonal skills, troubleshooting ability, technical knowledge and positive approach to problems to deliver top class customer experiences.
What will are your responsibilities?
- Drives positive results in Customer Experience through timely response, and positive interaction.
- Provides support of escalated issues as necessary involving complex product functional and technical
- issues. Specifically, in the areas of system configuration and set up, product implementation, product
- functionality, defects, and enhancements.
- Assists customer with ERP related issues when functionality of the organization's interface is
- Acts as a business liaison between the organization and the customer balancing the needs of both the
- customer and our business in a way that drives a mutually agreed upon outcome.
- Performs on-site troubleshooting, dial-in services and support by visiting and dialling into customer
- sites, and responding to calls aligned with customer service level agreement.
- Provides Customer Implementation Services and/or Coordination of Services by assisting customers
- with installation and implementation of the software, and/or overseeing the coordination of services
- provided to customers. This can include ancillary product implementations that are required for the
- software to be installed successfully. This service can be provided via telephone, dial-in, or on-site.
- Participates in internal projects as necessary by representing or leading the group in a team
- environment and/or completing project tasks in a timely and efficient manner. This could include the
- assignment of special roles within the workgroup in order to allow the workgroup to work more
- efficiently. Roles could be temporarily or permanently assigned dependent on business need.
- Provides technology expertise, work leadership, and assistance to less senior staff.
- Communicates customer's needs and requirements to other employees and teams within the
- Ensures positive renewal stream by delivering consistent, high performance.
- May provide ongoing support outside of normal work hours as dictated by business drivers.
- Responsible for creation, maintenance, and sharing of knowledge with more junior Technical
- Participates in projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional business travel may be required.
What are you bringing to the role?
- Possesses thorough depth and breadth of product and technical knowledge as well as knowledge of
- user's and/or vendor applications.
- Deep understanding of the application of corporate tax concepts within the context of the supported
- Keen awareness of sensitivity regarding internal proprietary information and can distribute
- information appropriately
- Demonstrates self-direction in meeting targets for performance metrics to achieve daily work goals.
- Ability to work within the direction and expectations of the Customer Support Work Center.
- Knowledge of Client/Server environment, UNIX and relational databases.
- Knowledge of application servers, XML, and web application architecture.
- Knowledge of Java and JDK.
- Roles will require a high level of independent judgement and decision-making.
- Possesses strong product knowledge and knowledge of user applications and vendor applications
- (SAP/Baan/Oracle/Peoplesoft, etc.).
- Support a dynamic team environment by collaborating with other departments, team and workgroup
- members; contributing time, effort and ideas
- Ability to listen and understand information and communicate the same.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Must be results oriented, customer focused, and exhibit good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages.
This is a remote working role and we are currently only considering applications from those currently based and eligible to work in Ireland.