Product Development Engineer-Northwest
Are you analytical, customer centric Applications Engineer/Product Development Engineer with a proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions?
Do you have prior experience in a similar product development job working with clients in the Life Science or other highly regulated sectors?
Are you comfortable dealing with technical information in mathematical/diagram form and working with both abstract & concrete variables?
If so this is the career advancing job that you have been looking for!
YOUR NEW COMPANY!
My client, a growing life science manufacturing multinational based in the North West, is recruiting for an applications engineer. In operation for over 30 years they have big plans to double their headcount and triple the size of their current facility over the next 12 months so you would be joining at a great time with lots of opportunity to progress and develop your career.
Culture is at the centre of everything my client does based on the belief that values and character are intrinsic and everything else can be taught. Its very much an autonomous environment where you are allowed to get on with your job but with a excellent support structure available when you need it which in evidenced by the company's excellent employee retention rate!
The company are primarily involved in the production of Single-Use Process Solutions that are used by life science clients in the manufacture of cutting edge and lifesaving products
YOUR NEW JOB!
You will be the first applications engineer on site in Ireland and working as part of a global team of 10 directly reporting to the Applications Eng Manager in the US with a dotted line locally to the Ops Director.
Your main remit will involve developing, designing, documenting, and approving single-use systems for the biopharma industry, providing assistance and technical support to end-users necessary to ensure the successful implementation.
Day to day some of the key elements of this exciting and cutting edge Applications Engineer job will include:
- Ensures processes and products are compliant with GMP and compatible with the relevant regulatory environment
- Work closely with the Quality function via creation of SOPs, assisting with deviation or excursion responses, testing and analysis, etc.
- Develops single-use systems designs based on user and process requirements while allowing for lean production and cost-effective solutions.
- Analyses product specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced via existing component portfolio, processing facilities and techniques.
- Prepares design layouts, assembly drawings, work orders, BOM's and other documents necessary for project completion
- Generates pricing utilizing sophisticated models in concert with Global Finance and Accounting.
- Evaluates single-use components to ensure fitness for purpose, e.g., sensor functionality, engagement testing, etc.
- Supports single-use systems production:
- Ensures designs are manufactured accurate to developed specifications.
- Confers with customers and sales staff to discuss project status, provide technical support, and otherwise facilitate implementation of product portfolios costs targets are achieved, etc.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- You will hold a relevant bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology or equivalent technical discipline with a minimum of 4 years + post graduate experience.
- You will be very analytical with the ability to read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial and legal documents
- This is a customer centric job so you need to have that mindset with the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Obviously, you'll need to be familiar with CAD and be proficient in working with databases and Excel etc.
- Mathematically you'll need to capable of applying concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations and used to applying mathematical operations to frequency distribution, determination of test, reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis etc.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU!
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious applications engineer/product development engineer who has a background in supporting clients in highly regulated sectors.
My client pays an excellent salary that is above market average and that includes the cost of other normal benefits such as bonus, healthcare, pension etc so you get to decide where you spend your money!
As the first applications engineer in Ireland you will have the chance to grow and progress your career and potentially build out a team if this is a route that would interest you.
My clients facility is situated in a beautiful part of Ireland close to lots of amazing beaches, walks, scenic areas in a region with some fantastic restaurants and amenities .So if you are looking to escape from the 'rat race' in one of the bigger cities then this role offers the opportunity to live and work in a very desirable part of Ireland.
Sound like your cup of tea? If so click on the link to apply and suitable applicants will be contacted within 24 hrs.