Product Design Engineer
Mechanical Product Design Engineer
FRS Recruitment are delighted to assist our client in sourcing a mechanical product design engineer.
You will be joining a very successful business that is the number one in Ireland and the UK in the design and manufacture of home outdoor appliances and heating products. They have a leading global market presence and their own in-house manufacturing facilities that employ 250 worldwide.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior mechanical product design engineer to join their team here in the Wicklow area on a permanent basis, hybrid working model in place ongoing.
You will have worked with metal/sheet metal based appliances previously and have a strong understanding of how to create design solutions as well as having a deep understanding of how the products are manufactured so that you may understand what can and can not be offered.
You will act as a bridge between in-house design and Chinese manufacturing.
As a mechanical Product Design Engineer, you will be responsible
- Working with in-house design and customer design teams in the product development process and creating 3D drawings that meet design goals and suit our production processes.
- Communicating and troubleshooting with the Chinese engineering team at the design phase.
- Create presentation renders.
- Collaborate with the sample production team ensuring that samples are reflective of final design.
- Actively engage with customers throughout the development process up to final tooled samples.
- Familiarise yourself with national and international product safety and performance requirements ensuring consideration of these in design.
- Review of mass-produced product alongside market feedback, identify improvement opportunities, design and oversee the implementation
Do you meet the following criteria?
- 3+ years experience in a design engineer role using SolidWorks 3D software.
- Specific experience in sheet metal manufacturing with a high degree of knowledge in sheet metal mass production processes.
Need to know more or want to see if this will suit, apply now and Aisling will be in touch shortly to discuss your next job opportunity.