Procurement Specialist - Midlands
I'm currently recruiting for a Procurement Specialist to join our client in the Midlands.
To support and advise the business unit in all procurement activity undertaken. To deliver optimum value to the business unit through engagement with third party suppliers of goods and services in a regulated environment, while continuously improving supplier performance in a manner fully compliant with procurement process.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- As a member of the Procurement team, support the strategic initiatives and plans of Land & Habitats. Improve procurement and contract strategy for each strategic project
- Ensure adherence to procurement policy and strategy development.
- Participate proactively as the representative of the Procurement Team, continuously seeking opportunities to enhance the procurement function.
- Actively participate across the Group with the new ways of working with other procurement specialists in the Company.
- Collaborate with procurement colleagues in lean centre or other business units to ensure requirements are fully represented in group wide procurement's where necessary.
- Participate and contribute to the Procurement Forum.
- Review and assess third party spends with team owners and agree measures to either reduce cost, reduce consumption or mitigate risk.
- Ensure these measures are incorporated into category and supplier strategies and review, monitor and report on their progress.
- Help to develop and implement a Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system to monitor supplier performance and ensure continuous improvement and innovation are embedded into the supply relationship.
- As required prepare and review procurement documentation and participate fully in the negotiation of commercial contracts with suppliers throughout the procurement process.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Honours Degree (NFQ 8) in relevant procurement or business discipline
- Excellent knowledge procurement policy / regulation and leading SRM practice.
- 8-10 years' Experience in a similar role
To apply, please upload your CV to the link below.