Procurement Specialist- Limerick
My Client, a Globally renowned Medical Device Manufacturer, is in need of a Procurement Specialist to join their buyer Supply Chain department based in Limerick.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Specialist who has experience sourcing suppliers, materials and overseeing procurement processes to grow on their career and join an internationally recognized organization.
The responsibilities for the Procurement Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and analyse data for the preparation of engagements with Suppliers.
- Identify new suppliers for inclusion in sourcing engagements to support new product introductions.
- Manage requests for quotation or other sourcing processes as required.
- Establish close working relationships with other functions, in particular R&D, supplier quality, engineering and operations to drive improved Supplier performance.
- Establish proactive communication to the Planning Organization, manage supplier partnerships & contribute positively to the efficiency of Supply Chain prior to commercial launch and throughout ramp up period
- Ensure alignment to the strategic direction provided by the source leadership team
- Conduct negotiations with Suppliers on assigned spend responsibilities.
- Prepare and execute Long Term Agreements, Affiliate Agreements, Vendor Managed Inventory Agreements, Non Disclosure Agreements etc, as required.
- Assist in managing supplier capabilities including but not limited to capacity planning, tooling and resource investments including inventory management
- Analyze overall system capabilities in support of the supply chain
- Ensure training and compliance to relevant company procedures
The requirements of the desired Procurement Specialist include:
- BS Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field
- APICS or CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification a plus.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years relevant experience in a logistics/supply chain role within a high volume manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years procurement/sourcing experience preferred
- Experience in Operations, Logistics, Planning, and Forecasting
- Analytically absorb information & solve complex problems quickly
- Advanced in excel and Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Customer focus (internal & external)
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills required
- Creative & decisive problem solving skills
- Ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result
- Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
If you feel that you fulfil the above requirements please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.