Procurement Manager- Longford
Location: Commutable from Cavan/Longford and Westmeath
Make the next move in your career. Join this midlands success story as their next Procurement Manager .
This is an opportunity to join a successful and rapidly growing business.
- Pre-qualification and set up of new suppliers according to company procedures. Carry out regular supplier assessment of existing suppliers. Negotiate agreements and prices with suppliers.
- Assists with the planning and management of budgets, policies and practices for the company
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers;
- Manage company internal purchasing system in line with company policy, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- Provide all requested purchasing and supplier related reports including quarterly spend report, monthly KPI reports and other report information requested by senior management
- Provides coaching and guidance on job performance and career development to direct reports.
- Reporting of all procurement saving.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, and relevant internal departments
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Develop a purchasing strategy.
- Manage and responsible for purchasing department
- Candidates must have a graduated from one of the following disciplines - Purchasing and supply, Business Studies.
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Must have strong business and commercial acumen
- Be an experienced negotiator
- Ability to build and develop strong trusting relationships with suppliers and colleagues
- Must be a self-starter, be goal focused and work on your own initiative
- Excellent at working under strict deadlines and ability to prioritize and delegate workload accordingly
- Must have excellent organizational and multitasking skills, and attention to detail
If you feel that you fulfil the above requirements please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment