My client an iconic Irish renewable's & utility service provider (encompassing electricity, heating, resource recovery, water, growing media and related service) are on a journey of transformation, innovation, sustainability and growth.
They are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager for their Renewable Energy Business Unit due to the growth of this part of the company.
Having adopted a new strategy of putting sustainable business, products and services at the heart of what they do, a career here offers great opportunities for those interested in working with cutting edge technologies in a company culture where you are empowered to think independently, be innovative and take the initiative!
As Procurement Manager you will be leading a team of procurement professionals to deliver optimum value to the Renewable Energy Business Unity.
Primarily based in the Midlands there will be travel to other locations required in the Procurement Manager job and in return you will receive a very competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, well-funded educational assistance programme/people development programmes and the opportunity to progress your career in an organisation that is forecasted to double in size over the next 10 years!
The main duties and responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Implement leading-practice procurement initiatives to enhance value and support the achievement of the business unit's strategic objectives;
- Ensure that all procurement processes are conducted in accordance with best practice, compliant with statutory obligations and that internal procurement policies and systems are fully compliant with both regulatory and shareholder requirements;
- Provide leadership in procurement so as to support the strategic plans of Renewable Energy. Lead procurement policy and strategy development in the Business Unit. Develop and document procurement processes within the business. Proactively support and coach business representatives to follow same;
- Manage the procurement team. Assess and implement training and development plans on an ongoing basis. Ensure ongoing engagement initiatives. Manage and monitor performance and agree targets. Ensure high level of engagement with business spend owners;
- Participate proactively as the Procurement Manager for the business, continuously seeking opportunities to enhance value for the business and optimise the department. Develop procurement plans on an annual basis and track performance against key performance metrics for the procurement function. Work collaboratively with all spend owners to understand and anticipate their procurement needs and requirements. Actively participate across the Group with the new ways of working with other procurement colleagues in the Company. Where applicable, work closely with procurement colleagues to ensure that there is common application of the procurement policy and ensure that group wide procurement initiatives are implemented consistently in the Renewable Energy business unit. Represent Renewable Energy in the procurement forum;
- Review and assess third party spends with spend owners within the Renewable Energy BU and agree measures to achieve ongoing productivity and efficiency across the business unit, while ensuring that "fit for purpose" solutions are delivered to support the requirements of the business. Ensure these measures are incorporated into category and supplier strategies and review, monitor and report on their progress. Develop and implement Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system to monitor supplier performance and ensure continuous improvement and innovation embedded into the supply relationship;
- Manage all procurement processes for the business unit. Plan and implement appropriate procurement processes for capital spends in order to ensure value is optimised for the business. Prepare and continuously review and improve procurement documentation and participate fully in the negotiation of commercial contracts with suppliers throughout the procurement process as required. Provide support to your team to do likewise;
- Ensure compliance with shareholder guidelines, regulation and company procurement policy. Continuously improve the control environment, prepare and submit an annual procurement compliance report to the Risk & Audit committee of the Board and the Chairman's statement of compliance to the shareholder. Lead the annual procurement audit for the Renewable Energy business unit;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's objectives.
The desired Procurement Manager will fulfil the following requirements:
- Honours Degree (NFQ 8) in relevant procurement or business discipline;
- 8 years Procurement/Category Management experience;
- Senior Manager with experience managing a procurement function;
- Experience in Etenders, MS office;
- Excellent knowledge procurement policy/regulation and leading SRM practice;
- Strong negotiation skills and communication skills.
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment