Location: Commutable from Cavan/Longford and Westmeath
Make the next move in your career. Join this midlands success story as their next Procurement Manager .
This is an opportunity to join a successful and rapidly growing business.
* Pre-qualification and set up of new suppliers according to company procedures. Carry out regular supplier assessment of existing suppliers. Negotiate agreements and prices with suppliers.
* Assists with the planning and management of budgets, policies and practices for the company
* Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers;
* Manage company internal purchasing system in line with company policy, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
* Provide all requested purchasing and supplier related reports including quarterly spend report, monthly KPI reports and other report information requested by senior management
* Provides coaching and guidance on job performance and career development to direct reports.
* Reporting of all procurement saving.
* Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
* Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, and relevant internal departments
* Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
* Develop a purchasing strategy.
* Manage and responsible for purchasing department
* Candidates must have a graduated from one of the following disciplines - Purchasing and supply, Business Studies.
* At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
* Must have strong business and commercial acumen
* Be an experienced negotiator
* Ability to build and develop strong trusting relationships with suppliers and colleagues
* Must be a self-starter, be goal focused and work on your own initiative
* Excellent at working under strict deadlines and ability to prioritise and delegate workload accordingly
* Must have excellent organisational and multitasking skills, and attention to detail