Procurement Manager ( Agri )
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager on behalf of an established & progressive agribusiness. This is a full-time permanent role.
My client has been serving the Irish agricultural trade for over 35 years. In that period of time they have become a market leader in animal nutrition & have expanded their business into Asia, Middle East , Africa & Europe. Their success can be attributed to their manufacturing facility which has pushed them to the forefront of animal nutrition in both domestic and international markets.
We are now looking to add an additional person to the procurement team. The Procurement Manager will work closely with the Head of Purchasing.
Purchased raw materials and packaging account for over 50% of the expenditure of the company. Reliable supply of both is essential to be able to meet customer demands. Markets can be volatile and the company must move quickly to forward buy when prices are favourable and/or pass on cost increases.
Duties to include
- Review the existing suppliers to ensure the company is attaining best value for money.
- Select appropriate suppliers who can deliver the service that best meets the purchasing strategy and assures contract compliance and deliverables.
- Assist with development of accurate product forecasts and rules around lead times that generate order quantities for planning.
- Attend production meetings when necessary and facilitate an overview of requirements highlighting any foreseen issues in relation to supply. Forecast and Plan 6 to 12 months ahead
- Work with Quality Department to ensure all quality specs are clear and to anticipate any regulatory changes that would impact supply (e.g changes to food register etc)
- Establish new, and maintain existing, key suppliers across specific areas.
- Research alternative and best value raw materials with Quality Department where appropriate.
- Develop effective and appropriate relationships with key suppliers based on the agreed strategy and manage supplier performance that promotes continuous improvement.
- Attend key trade fairs Worldwide to maintain supplier contact/relationships and to source new suppliers.
- Build and maintain relationships with the supply chain.
- Work with Finance Dept to maintain accurate Bills of Materials. Update annually as part of budgeting process and ad hoc when there are material changes in costs.
- Manage and agree credit terms with suppliers, ensuring best value for Company.
- Suggest short term and long term cost reduction strategies with the company 3 year strategic plan.
- Ensure no stock outages that will result in Production stoppages
- Liaise with suppliers to maximise product shelf life on arrival.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years procurement experience.
- Degree educated in Business , Supply Chain or related discipline.
- Work with a high ethical standard, in compliance with our quality standards.
- Possess excellent IT skills; proficient in excel.
- Good market researching tactics and negotiation skills.
- Capable of establishing relationships at senior levels with key suppliers.
- Good feel for and network in relevant supply markets; able to detect signs of shortage/significant price changes and to move quickly to take advantage/protect the .
Attractive salary & bonus + benefits
Please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls in confidence to John on 087 9955439