A exciting opportunity has opened up for a Procurement Buyer with a leading medical company in the Midlands. This is a full time, permanent position based in Co Offaly.
As a Procurement Buyer you will be able to build your career by supporting the Supply Chain Manager in the delivery of prestigious projects from the earliest stages of the project. The Procurement Buyer will assemble tender packages and evaluate submissions from a commercial/technical/programme perspective through to procurement closure with a view to generating the most value for the company.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in the growth of company through the delivery of superior forecasting, planning, contracting, purchasing and logistics management adding value to existing suppliers, products, customers, and the development of new suppliers, products, customers and markets.
- Assemble procurement packages for tender
- Ensure technical submittals & approvals to facilitate project procurement are in place
- Lead the negotiation process, driving closure on package agreements to include T's & C's
- Liaise with the relevant teams to improve demand planning
- Negotiate with suppliers in order to secure the best possible quality of service as well as creating a competitive pricing and payment agreement
- Analyse the impact of pricing changes for goods and services.
- Manage the inventory, assist where necessary in the receipt of purchased materials and services.
- Keep detailed records of purchases and stocks.
- Monitor shipments and past due deliveries, following up with suppliers when required.
- Work as an integral part of the procurement team
- Assist in implementing group procurement strategy
- Ensure all practices and documentation in place comply with QA processes
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Manage process payments and invoices
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- Attend meetings and trade conferences
- Accomplished a Degree in the following business studies, engineering, management, marketing, operations management, purchasing and logistics; purchasing and supply
- 3-5 Years' Experience working in manufacturing industry is desirable.
- Ideally minimum of 5 Years Purchasing experience
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to utilise the MS suite of products and display a keen ability to utilise new software quickly.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also be a self-starter and goal focused with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- You will have an ability to oversee the business process end to end to ensure customer requirements are fulfilled
- Experience in building and developing strong trusting relationships with colleagues and customers
- Goal and target driven, thrive working under strict deadlines
- You possess excellent organizational and multitasking skills
Excellent salary and benefits package on offer
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069 for a confidential discussion
Email CV through the attached link