Currently recruiting for a Process Engineer for our client based in Monaghan.
Role and Responsibilities;
- To optimise the overall Plant performance by ensuring budgeted production yields, occupation times, line speeds are achieved / improved. Also, necessary to review the efficient use of raw materials, labour, material flow, changeovers, and clean downs etc.
- Participate in daily/weekly/quarterly Production, Planning, H&S meetings and implement any relevant actions resulting from these meetings
- Participate with engineering, maintenance, production, and quality, in the technical solutions of production line problems. Lead cross function problem solving groups (operators, supervisors, maintenance, management, etc) where relevant.
- Liaise with suppliers or contractors for small process modifications and propose capital projects for large scale modifications. This may involve the writing of the design specification/concept drawings, participating in the start-up and commissioning, follow the progress and implementation of these projects.
- Maintain & formalise production documentation: technical specifications, standard operating procedures [SOP's], for the existing process and introduce same for new process changes etc.
- Manage and coordinate planned training when necessary to ensure a good understanding and operation of the production process & equipment for current and new employees.
- Create and Maintain H&S / Process, Risk assessments for the entire plant plus coordinate and manage all actions from these assessments
- Promote the company Production Systems (GPS) standards based on Lean Manufacturing Principals through the use of, not only 5S, SMED and other WCM tools (PDCA, SPC, FMECA, DOE, FTA), but also through good housekeeping, building and equipment appearance & maintenance
- Define, Manage & Validate cost saving projects as part of our yearly Action 30 Plan
- Develop and participate in Continuous Improvement Projects that improves the efficiency of the production process and other operations within the plant inc. H&S.
- Develop and maintain production information and performance measurement [KPI's] communication boards
- Liaise & Support our R&D Products Development Engineer who is based in the company Organisation in France and will locate here 1 week in every month approximately.
- This involves carrying out essential R&D tasks on site, communicate relevant information to the local Team and supply all necessary results, documentation and samples to all relevant personnel.
* Competence in Lean Manufacturing Principles
Knowledge of Quality Systems (FMECA, SPC, Metrology, 6M, 5W, …)
* Knowledge of mechanical and electrical automation design and systems and components
* Strong cross functional project management skills
* Strong mechatronic aptitude and experience of continuous automated production lines
* Good interpersonal and group-working skills
* Strong technical problem-solving ability and drive
* Leadership and motivational skills to drive people involvement
* Organised, structured, rigorous and ability to work under pressure
* Strong interest for hands-on and on-the-floor involvement with machines and people
* Good initiative and inventiveness
* Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes
* Degree qualification in process or mechanical engineering and 5+ years, experience of continuous process manufacturing. Also consider Degree qualifications in Science & Engineering.
* Qualified to carry out Risk Assessments
* Certificate of 6 Sigma Black Belt [BB] or Lean Master is an advantage
* Competent in MS Office, PowerPoint Presentations.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.