Principal Medical Physicist
Are you a Medical Physicist looking to take the next step in your career? Are you ready to take on a Lead role with a leading private hospital?
The FRS Healthcare team are working with a Radiotherapy department in the South of the country to source their next Lead Medical Physicist. An opportunity to join a state of the art Radiotherapy department to undertake all aspects of radiation oncology physics.
The growing department offers Radiotherapy treatments for patients in the Munster region including stereotactic radiosurgery and hyperarc technology.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Cork. There is a fantastic, competitive package on offer for the right candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the measurement & documentation aspects of all radioactive sources/radiation producing equipment used in the department.
- Support the Chief Medical Physicist with inspections & maintenance of Radiotherapy equipment
- Develop treatment plans and take responsibility for dosage & machine set up for treatment.
- Work with the Radiation Therapists to support them in administering Radiation treatment.
- Get involved in related research projects within Medical Physics
- Offer day-to-day guidance to the Medical Physicists team and step into a lead role in the absence of the Chief.
- Support the team daily and offer training & inductions where required.
- PhD or MSc from an accredited program in Medical Physics or related field
- Experience with 3-D conformal radiotherapy, brachytherapy and treatment planning systems is required.
- Experience in radiosurgery and IMRT/VMAT essential.
- Atleast 3 years post graduate experience
- Some management/Team Lead experience would be desirable
Considering a move back home to Ireland?
Here at FRS Recruitment we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
FRS Recruitment are leading providers of Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. We pride ourselves in the standard of service we provide to both candidates and clients. We also have a dedicated Compliance Officer to provide unparalleled support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, and throughout a relocation process if applicable.
Contact Sinead Brennan for confidential, casual discussion in relation to this role or any of our other vacancies. Tel: M: +353(0)86 0100746