Principal Embedded Engineer
- Experience working within a medical device/regulated environment
- Ability to lead, define and develop embedded software architecture with an appreciation for other engineering disciplines i.e. electronic etc…
- A proven track record in the development of software with an emphasis on quality.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Define, develop, maintain and improve embedded software for our products.
- Work with the product development group with input from the marketing team, to develop existing technology and develop new products to add to our portfolio.
- Advise the product development group on incorporating the software development activities into the master delivery schedule and use project management skills to deliver to that schedule.
- Ensure that development work adheres to the requirements of project design briefs and other documentation. Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software.
- Play an active role in projects, teams, meetings etc.
- Manage all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including post-implementation support and maintenance.
- Ensure technical files are created and maintained/updated as new products are designed, or existing products are changed.
- Participate in risk assessment activities.
- Regularly communicate status and progress on assignments, raising issues and risks in a timely fashion and effectively contributing to mitigating activities.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and safety procedures.
- Work in compliance with the Clients Quality Management System and New Product Development Processes.
You will have a third level degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science/I.T. or related qualification, ideally with 5-8 year's experience in the full lifecycle of design and development of software solutions within the medical devices or another similarly regulated industry.
- An experienced software engineer with proven record of code development and support.
- Strong C/C++ skills and software design for the embedded multi-threading and multi-processor applications with the memory and timing constraints.
- Proficiency with Python, Java and SQL desirable.
- Experience in Communication protocols, particularly USB and Bluetooth.
- Drive the overall architecture and design of products. Must have experience in defining software architecture with a focus on reliability, maintainability and security, with the ability to document and communicate to management and 3rd party vendors.
- Fundamental knowledge of electronics hardware platforms.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills. Ability to profile software to identify issues and areas of improvement.
- Knowledge of Embedded operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of software structures, development process and industry tool.
- Robust experience in automated testing to support code base.
- Ability to define and implement scalable system architecture and software policies practices to ensure the maintainability of the code base.
- Experienced in design verification and responsibility of the full lifecycle of software projects, preferable for Medical Devices.
- Knowledge of and commitment to continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Effective communication skills, with detailed concise document writing skills.
- Self-motivated with effective time management who is willing to learn and grow.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent team player and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and reporting tool skills.
Are you an experienced Principal Embedded Engineer that is looking for a change for growing, dynamic company which helps in growth of your career? If so please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Embedded Software Engineer role to Purva Rao, IT Recruiter, FRS Recruitment (086-0241818) via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.
FRS Recruitment is committed to promoting diversity and disability in the work place and is a KANCHI 100 company.