PR & Communications Manager
PR & Communications Manager : National Voluntary Organisation
As PR & Communications Manager you will deliver on key strategic communications priorities, manage the communication of the messages, the image and the reputation to key stakeholders across government, media, members and others.
- Develop, refine and implement PR Strategy aligned to our existing strategic plan.
- Lead the development, writing and distribution of key publications from press releases, articles, reports and several publications.
- Prepare, collate, edit and disseminate publications from weekly e-newsletters, national press, brochures, annual yearbook, and direct mail campaigns.
- Initiate, lead and create contemporary messaging & content through multi-media including social media, video, etc.
- Develop & maintain excellent working relationships with the media and national and regional level across online, print, radio and television.
- Manage key relationships with sponsors and supports.
- Identify opportunities to broaden the appeal of the organisation.
- Maintain and update online environments from web to social media.
- Provide communications training to staff and volunteers that enhances the image and reputation at a regional and national level.
- Articulate the key marketing and promotional messages focussed on new member attraction.
Requirements of the PR & Communications Manager role
- A qualification in communications, journalism or public relations with at least three years post qualification experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to lead and deliver strategic priorities.
- An excellent understanding of social media, with a particular emphasis on youth focused social media.
- Familiarity with other communications software/resources is an advantage.
- An interest in young people, rural Ireland or agriculture is an advantage.
- Ability to lead and manage a team is desirable.
- A background and network in media & communications is a distinct advantage.
- A Full Clean Driving License is essential as this role will involve travel