PostgreSQL Database Administrator | Ireland or Malta Based
PostgreSQL Database Administrator | Ireland / Malta Based
Do you want to work with a company that values collaboration and excellence? In a position that will both challenge and reward you? Our client, a boutique leader in the online e-payments sector, is seeking an experienced PostgreSQL DBA to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. This position is suited to the PostgreSQL professional who has capability in engaging with AWS RDS and BI tools also. You will be offered the opportunity to work fully remote and be given the opportunity to travel to either the Dublin or Malta office from time to time.
What will you be doing?
- Monitor database performance
- Optimize SQL Code
- Maintain database storage resources
- Maintain database maintenance plans i.e. backups, index rebuild/defragment, statistics
- Database upgrades and maintenance as required
- Administer database security access
- Ad-hoc backups and restores
- Trouble shoot and resolve database issues
- Adhere to Change Management processes to implement database configuration changes
- Adhere to Problem Management processes to troubleshoot and resolve recurring issues
- Assist the BI team with reporting requirements.
What will you bring?
- Good experience working with AWS RDS Postgres.
- Postgresql ( Jasper server JasperStudio )
- Metabase system (Or experience with other BI tools)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-Motivated Individual with the ability to collaborate effectively and share knowledge
- Ability to work on projects with multiple working streams and competing deadlines
- Experience working with Linux
- Scripting experience
- Experience working in a PCI/financial services environment
This position is only open to applicants fully eligible to work in the EU without restriction and will require being based in Ireland or Malta.