Our client supplies engineering services to the milling and pelleting industries throughout Ireland. They are currently seeking to employ a Maintenance Fitter to join their team for a site in Tipperary and Limerick city.
As part of the Maintenance and Servicing Team, the Maintenance Fitter will have a sound mechanical knowledge and at least two years relevant experience gained in a heavy industrial environment. Expertise in general mechanical maintenance and fabrication is essential.
In this position the successful candidate will work at a facility in Tipperary 3 days per week (generally Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) and at a different facility in Limerick city on the other 2 days. There may be a requirement to travel to other facilities throughout the island of Ireland on rare occasions.
The candidate will be required to:
- Provide general maintenance services at a feed milling plant in Tipperary and Limerick.
- A practical approach to fault finding together with a sound understanding of preventative maintenance is also required
- Identify opportunities to add additional value to customers by identifying capacity constraints and underperforming equipment, clearly communicating this to the customer and to sales team colleagues for follow up.
- Ability to manage time and perform duties to strict customer driven deadlines
- Successful applicants will be expected to work as part of a flexible, committed and self-motivated maintenance and servicing team
- The role requires flexibility as some maintenance must take place during mill downtime and to strict deadlines.
Candidates from a heavy plant fitting background and those with their own kitted-out service van would be of interest to the client.
For further details please contact Donal at 066 - 7143995/ 086 -0214875