Our client supplies engineering services to the milling and pelleting industries throughout Ireland. They are currently seeking to employ a Maintenance / Plant Fitter to join their team to cover the North East region (Cavan, Monaghan, Longford, Louth, Fermanagh and Belfast)
As part of the Maintenance and Servicing Team, the Maintenance Fitter will have a sound mechanical knowledge and at least two years relevant experience gained in a heavy industrial environment. Expertise in general mechanical maintenance and fabrication is essential.
The majority of the time the Maintenance Fitter will be covering the North East region but there will be a requirement to travel to other facilities throughout the island of Ireland occasionally. Mobility is key to this role.
The candidate will be required to:
· Provide general maintenance services to feed and biomass milling plants in region.
· A practical approach to fault finding together with a sound understanding of preventative maintenance is required
· Attending customer sites with service personnel for completion of key equipment servicing
· Identify opportunities to add additional value to customers by identifying capacity constraints and underperforming equipment, clearly communicating this to the customer and to sales team colleagues for follow up
· Ability to manage time and perform duties to strict customer driven deadlines
· Successful applicants will be expected to work as part of a flexible, committed and self-motivated maintenance and servicing team
· The client is expanding their maintenance and service offering to existing and new customers. The role requires flexibility as some maintenance must take place during mill downtime and to strict deadlines.
Candidates from a heavy plant fitting background, used to site work and attending breakdown repairs would be of interest to the client. Should the candidate have their own kitted-out service van would also be of interest
For further details please contact Donal in our Kerry office.