Due to expansion our client, a well established and recognised supplier of precision and fabricated metal products is seeking to recruit an experienced Planner.
This will be a new role within a new company department, so the ideal candidate will need to have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role at team lead / supervisor / management level
The company currently manufactures components from various materials ranging from sheet-metal, aluminium to titanium and high nickel alloys and specialises in CNC machining of large, complex components and specialty parts for major aerospace and sub-tier aerospace providers using the latest multi axis machines.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Implement new Access ERP System
2. Generate the Production schedule which is done through an ERP system and ensure the schedule is balanced to maximise output and productivity.
3. Prioritise and proactively manage customer escalations and issues that may cause a customer to de-commit
4. Proactively communicate with the Warehouse and Quality team to ensure critical incoming deliveries are prioritised and ensure that incoming shipment arrive on time
5. Measure Incoming Inspection rates to ensure all parts are inspected within 48 hours of arrival.
6. Hold a daily meeting with Purchasing to review list of part shortages. Planners will be required to have a full delivery schedule of all part shortages.
7. Proactively react to machine downtime and reallocate work accordingly.
8. Monitor Outside Processing suppliers and ensure they are meeting their commitments.
⦁ Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a supervisor capacity
⦁ Previous practical knowledge of implementing a new ERP system
⦁ Experience working with ERP Systems such as Mindtrack or Access
What's in it for you?
This is a superb opportunity to take up a brand new role within in a cutting edge, world-class precision engineering company.
What you need to do now:
Have you previously worked as a production planner?
Have you been involved in implementing new ERP system in your current or past role?
Have experience leading / managing a team?
Well what are you waiting for, apply today we want to speak with you