Pig Farm Manager
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Pig Farm Manager on behalf of a leading pig farm business in the Kilkenny area. This is a fulltime permanent position.
Are you currently seeking a career move? If so this may be the role for you. My client has invested heavily in a modern integrated pig unit which currently accommodates over 1300 sows. We are seeking applications from career minded individuals who are keen to progress their career in pig farm management. Please note ongoing training will be provided to the successful candidate who will also have the support of a company nutritionist and who will become part of a wider group management team.
We are seeking applications from candidates who have a successful track record of working with pigs. My client also welcomes applications from more senior level candidates who may be at assistant or management level and looking to make their next career move.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for leading operations in the caring for the welfare of the animals including feed, water and management.
You will be responsible for leading & managing a team of farm employees and ensure that they work efficiently and productively.
- Ensure that animals are cared for daily and by providing feed and water.
- Builds, leads and trains other farm members to carry out assigned tasks.
- Comply with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS)
- Assist in controlling costs associated with feed, supplier and labour.
- Set long-term and short-term goals for breeding and farrowing success
- Maintain accurate number integrity for record keeping.
- Make recommendations for operational improvements.
- Conduct safety training meetings
- Perform general maintenance and upkeep of buildings and equipment
- Adhere to practices and principles of biosecurity to safeguard life and health of animals
- Other adhoc duties as assigned
- Delivery of key performance indicators
- Become proficient at entertaining key retailer audits
- Proven experience of working with Pigs. As outlined above we also encourage applications from candidates at middle or senior management level.
- A keen interest in the pig sector with a willingness and desire to pursue your career in a pig farm management role.
- Experience in the following areas ; dry sow , farrowing , weaners & fattening
- A hands-on management approach to work with the ability to lead and motivate.
- A 3rd level Degree or Cert in Agriculture an advantage but not essential.
Attrractive renumeration package based on relative experience gto date
Please email your cv through the attached link.
Feel free to contact John Miller in confidence on 087 9955439 for more information
*FRS Recruitment provide 100% confidentiality at all timesFRS Recruitment will never send your cv to a 3rd party without your prior consent.*