Calling All Phlebotomist's
FRS Healthcare are looking to Recruit a Phlebotomist on behalf of a busy acute hospital located in the Midlands Region of Ireland.
This is a Fulltime, Position that requires an immediate start. The working hours are 37 hours per week.
Excellent rates of pay and conditions apply with this role.
- Collect blood samples for patients by venepuncture as requested by medical or laboratory staff.
- Be competent in the selection of the appropriate sample bottles for all common laboratory investigations as described in the laboratory user guide.
- Be competent in the procedures required for bleeding high risk, immunocompromised and barrier nursed patients.
- Organise and stock work benches and trolleys on a daily basis.
- Clean and disinfect trolleys and work benches after use.
- Ascertain location of patients on wards by liaising with ward medical and nursing staff.
- Liaise with ward medical and nursing staff to prioritise patients for bleeding.
- Transport specimens collected to the Pathology Specimen Reception Laboratory if required.
- Hold an accredited qualification at NQAI Level 5 or higher
- Hold the Certificate in Phlebotomy from DCU/ National Ambulance Training School or equivalent Phlebotomy qualification
- Be registered in the general division of the live register maintained by An Bord Altranais.
- Candidates must have one year's experience in a busy healthcare environment.
Are leading providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. We pride ourselves in the standard of service we provide to both candidates and clients. We also have a dedicated Compliance Officer to provide unparalleled support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, and throughout a relocation process if applicable.
If you are interested in discussing this role, please contact Charlene Cooke, FRS Recruitment. Tel: Mobile: +353(0)86 0227527 Email