Pharmacy Technician - Co. Kerry (Evenings and Weekends)
- To accurately receive, record and assemble prescriptions, issue the appropriate receipts and inform the Pharmacists of any changes in drug therapy and interactions between prescribed medications.
- To fulfil the request for specific over the counter medicines appropriately and recommend a suitable medicine referring to the Pharmacist where appropriate.
- To ensure the smooth running of the dispensary, including, maintaining computer records and ensuring that the paperwork pertaining to the various schemes is kept up to date and in line with Company procedures.
- To ensure that any errors or safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Managing Pharmacist and/or Business Manager.
- To maintain good stock control including; rotation of stock, maintaining appropriate stock levels, using correct suppliers, and ensuring that the delivery details are correct as set down by the managing pharmacist.
- To ensure that the Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager.
- To deliver professional and efficient customer service at all times, enhancing the relationship with Pharmacy Customers.
- To maintain a good working relationship between colleagues, customers and other health care professionals.
- To participate in training and development programmes provided by the pharmacy and to be proactive in developing the job function.
- To maintain the standards of organisation and cleanliness within the dispensary as directed by the Managing Pharmacist and in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- To follow Pharmacy standard operating procedures maintaining consistent professional standards at all times.
- To assist with over the counter sales and other front of counter duties.
- To work effectively as part of the Pharmacy team, being flexible and adaptable assisting in all areas of the pharmacy operation.
- Any other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher
- 2 years of pharmacy experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good attention to detail is essential
- Excellent organisational skills, within a challenging environment
- Cashier experience is an advantage.
- Ability to use discretion when addressing information with strict confidentiality.
- IT skills would be an advantage.
Pharmacy Technician, Technician, PT, Pharmacy, Community Pharmacy, Kerry
For more details, please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856 or email in the strictest confidence.