Pharmacy Technician - Headford, Co. Galway (4 days a week)
Purpose of Role:
- To prepare and dispense medicinal products under the supervision of the Pharmacist.
- To serve customers over the counter medicines and other pharmacy products as required.
- To provide appropriate advice to customers on minor ailments and where appropriate refer them to the pharmacist.
- To deliver excellent customer service and to provide advice and information as required to customers on all product ranges available in the Pharmacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To accurately receive, record and assemble prescriptions, issue the appropriate receipts and inform the Pharmacists of any changes in drug therapy and interactions between prescribed medications.
- To fulfil the request for specific over-the-counter medicines appropriately using WWHAM questioning and recommend a suitable medicine referring to the Pharmacist where appropriate.
- To ensure the smooth running of the dispensary, including, maintaining computer records and ensuring that the paperwork pertaining to the various schemes is kept up to date and in line with Company procedures.
- Ensure that any errors or safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Managing Pharmacist and/or Business Manager.
- To maintain good stock control including; rotation of stock, maintaining appropriate stock levels, using correct suppliers, and ensuring that the delivery details are correct as set down by the managing pharmacist.
- Ensure that the Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager.
- To deliver professional and efficient customer service at all times, enhancing the relationship with Pharmacy Customers.
- To maintain a good working relationship between colleagues, customers and other healthcare professionals.
- To participate in training and development programmes provided by the pharmacy and to be proactive in developing the job function.
- To maintain the standards of organisation and cleanliness within the dispensary as directed by the Managing Pharmacist and in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- To follow Pharmacy standard operating procedures maintaining consistent professional standards at all times.
- To assist with over-the-counter sales and other front of counter duties.
- To work effectively as part of the Pharmacy team, being flexible and adaptable assisting in all areas of the pharmacy operation.
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Studies.
- 2 years of pharmacy experience in a pharmacy technician role is essential.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task successfully.
- Works well in a busy environment.
- Cashier experience is an advantage.
- Ability to use discretion when addressing customer queries and to treat customer/patient information with strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team.
IT skills would be an advantage.
Pharmacy Technician, Technician, PT, Pharmacy, Community Pharmacy, Galway
For more details, please contact Brian Mahon at 086 7773856