Pharmacy Technician - Co. Carlow (32-40 hours per week)
No late nights.
To support the Managing pharmacist in the dispensary in a busy and challenging environment. Working to agreed operating procedures within the pharmacy to maintain the highest ethical standards and deliver excellent customer care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To accurately receive, record and assemble prescriptions, issue the appropriate receipts and inform the Pharmacists of any changes in drug therapy and interactions between prescribed medications.
- To serve customers over-the-counter medicines and other pharmacy products as required.
- To fulfil the request for specific over-the-counter medicines appropriately using WWHAM questioning and recommend a suitable medicine referring to the Pharmacist where appropriate.
- To ensure the smooth running of the dispensary, including, maintaining computer records and ensuring that the paperwork pertaining to the various schemes is kept up to date and in line with Company procedures.
- To ensure that any errors or safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Managing Pharmacist and/or Business Territory Manager.
- To maintain good stock control including; rotation of stock, maintaining appropriate stock levels, using correct suppliers, and ensuring that the delivery details are correct as set down by the managing pharmacist.
- Ensure that the Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager and or Managing Pharmacist.
- To maintain the standards of organisation and cleanliness within the dispensary as directed by the Managing Pharmacist and in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- To follow Pharmacy standard operating procedures maintaining consistent professional standards at all times.
- To assist with over-the-counter sales and other front-of-counter duties.
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Studies.
- 2 years of pharmacy experience in a pharmacy technician role is preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail is essential
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task successfully in a busy and challenging environment.
- Cashier experience is an advantage.
- Ability to use discretion when addressing customer queries and to treat customer/patient information with strict confidentiality.
- IT skills would be an advantage.
For further details, please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856
Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy, Community Pharmacy Technician, PT