Pharmacy Technician - Limerick City
To support the Managing pharmacist in the dispensary in a busy and challenging environment. Working to agreed operating procedures within the pharmacy to maintain the highest ethical standards and deliver excellent customer care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To accurately receive, record and assemble prescriptions, issue the appropriate receipts and inform the Pharmacists of any changes in drug therapy and interactions between prescribed medications.
- To serve customers over-the-counter medicines and other pharmacy products as required.
- To fulfil the request for specific over-the-counter medicines appropriately using WWHAM questioning and recommend a suitable medication referring to the Pharmacist where appropriate.
- To ensure the smooth running of the dispensary, including, maintaining computer records and ensuring that the paperwork pertaining to the various schemes is kept up to date and in line with Company procedures.
- Ensure that any errors or safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Managing Pharmacist and/or Business Territory Manager.
- To maintain good stock control including; rotation of stock, maintaining appropriate stock levels, using correct suppliers, and ensuring that the managing pharmacist's delivery details are correct.
- Ensure that the Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager and/or Managing Pharmacist.
- To maintain the standards of organisation and cleanliness within the dispensary as directed by the Managing Pharmacist and in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- To follow Pharmacy standard operating procedures maintaining consistent professional standards at all times.
- To assist with over-the-counter sales and other front-of-counter duties.
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- You will be a qualified Pharmacy Technician and should have strong commercial experience within the retail pharmacy in a support role - 2 years+ experience required;
- You have a genuine belief and understanding that customer service is the number one differentiator and you can evidence this by your previous actions and behaviours;
- You will possess excellent organizational and multitasking skills, and you have an attention to detail that marks you out from most other professionals;
- You will be perfectly capable of working under your own initiative while being a team player with a high level of dedication;
- You understand, and are not bothered by, working under strict deadlines;
- You are a lifelong learner and you wish to develop your career in a progressive and forward-looking ambitious environment.
For further details, please call Brian Mahon on 086 7773856
Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy, Community Pharmacy Technician