Pharmacy Technician - Dublin 10
This is a full-time position, with some evening work required but rotated fairly across the team and very few weekends expected possibly only during annual leave and illness. Working with strong support. Only candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Irish retail pharmacy need apply. MPS preferable, two late-night but very little weekend cover required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dispensing and preparing walk-in prescriptions and monthly medication orders in advance of the next cycle. Contacting doctors for prescriptions where necessary, while keeping in line with current legal regulations
- To accurately receive, record and assemble prescriptions, issue the appropriate receipts and inform the Pharmacists of any changes in drug therapy and interactions between prescribed medications
- Keeping up to date with all filing, archiving and admin
- Processing month end claims, verifying all schemes; DPS, LTI, HT, EM, GMS, hardship and psych and ensuring all coded and non-coded items are claimed correctly and efficiently to meet the PCRS deadline.
- Ordering stock from correct suppliers and verifying receipt of same; maintaining workable stock levels; anticipating needed medications & supplies; removing outdated drugs
- Advise customers on medication and OTC products in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Liaising with doctors and other healthcare professionals in regards to medication compliance and accuracy.
- To serve customers over the counter medicines and other pharmacy products as required
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Studies.
- 2 years of pharmacy experience in a pharmacy technician role is preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail is essential
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task successfully in a busy and challenging environment.
- Cashier's experience is an advantage.
- Ability to use discretion when addressing customer queries and to treat customer/patient information with strict confidentiality.
- IT skills would be an advantage with MPS experience.
For further details, please contact Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician, Community Pharmacy, South Dublin