Pharmacy Technician - Dublin 15
About the Role:
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for providing pharmaceutical services including dispensing medicines in accordance with all standard operations procedures. In addition to this, the Pharmacy Technician will provide professional advice to patients, pharmacy staff and other health professionals about health and medicines.
- Facilitate the dispensing process
- Manage pharmacy stock levels
- Provide expert advice to patients regarding the safe and appropriate use of all medicines and complementary medicines
- Support Pharmacists to provide guidance and expert advice to other pharmacy staff about the safe and appropriate use of medicines - particularly over-the-counter (OTC) and pharmacy-only medicines
- Assess patient's symptoms, provide advice about treatment options and identify patients requiring a referral.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with patients, customers and other key pharmacy players, like suppliers.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, including patients, pharmacy staff and other health professionals
- Ensure all pharmacy claims are correct and are transmitted within the required timeframe.
Skills and Experience:
- To have completed the IPU Pharmacy Technicians course or equivalent
- Extensive experience working in a community pharmacy (essential)
- Demonstrated capability to perform as a Pharmacy Technician
- Ability to form effective relationships with all stakeholders and customers
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of quality services
- Honesty, integrity and an understanding of the significance of confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Applicants for this position should have EU residency or a valid employment permit.
For further details, please contact Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy, Community Pharmacy Technician, Technician, Pharmacy, Dublin, North Dublin