Pharmacy Technician - Galway
An exciting position for a Pharmacy Technician for a busy pharmacy in Galway. This is a full time position and will include nights and weekend work. 1 in 3 weekends
- To accurately receive, record and assemble prescriptions, issue the appropriate receipts and inform the Pharmacists of any changes in drug therapy and interactions between prescribed medications.
- To have experience in doing all relevant paperwork including end of month claims
- Experience with MPS and stock ordering.
- To fulfill the request for specific over the counter medicines appropriately and recommend a suitable medicine referring to the Pharmacist where appropriate.
- To ensure the smooth running of the dispensary, including, maintaining computer records and ensure that the paperwork pertaining to the various schemes is kept up to date and in line with Company procedures.
- To ensure that any errors or safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Managing Pharmacist and/or Business Manager.
- To maintain good stock control including; rotation of stock, maintaining appropriate stock levels, using correct suppliers, and ensuring that the delivery details are correct as set down by the managing pharmacist.
- To ensure that the Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager.
- To deliver professional and efficient customer service at all times, enhancing the relationship with Pharmacy Customers.
- To maintain a good working relationship with colleagues, customers, and other healthcare professionals.
- To participate in training and development programmes provided by the pharmacy and to be proactive in developing the job function.
- To maintain the standards of organisations and cleanliness with the dispensary as directed by the Managing Pharmacist and in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- To follow Pharmacy standard operating procedures maintaining consistent professional standards at all times.
- To assist with over the counter sales and other front of counter duties.
- To work effectively as part of the Pharmacy team, being flexible and adaptable assisting in all areas of the pharmacy operation.
- Any other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher
- Experience in dispensary ordering and monthly claims returns
- Minimum 2 years pharmacy experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good attention to detail is essential
- Excellent organisational skills, within a challenging environment
- IT skills would be an advantage
Pharmacy Technician, Technician, PT, Pharmacy, Community Pharmacy, Galway
For more details, please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856