Pharmacy Technician - Dublin 6
This is a full time position, with some evening work required but rotated fairly across the team and very little weekends expected possibly only during annual leave and illness. Working with a strong SVP and a technician manager. Only candidates with a good years' experience in Irish retail pharmacy need apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dispensing and preparing walk in prescriptions and monthly medication orders in advance of the next cycle. Contacting doctors for prescriptions where necessary, while keeping in line with current legal regulations
- To accurately receive, record and assemble prescriptions, issue the appropriate receipts and inform the Pharmacists of any changes in drug therapy and interactions between prescribed medications
- Keeping up to date with all filing, archiving and admin
- Processing month end claim, verifying all schemes; DPS, LTI, HT, EM, GMS, hardship and psych and ensuring all coded and non-coded items are claimed for correctly and efficiently to meet the PCRS deadline.
- Ordering stock from correct suppliers and verifying receipt of same; maintains workable stock levels; anticipating needed medications & supplies; removing outdated drugs
- Advising customers on medication and OTC products in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Assisting patients wishing to avail of O'Donnell's health services, such as 24-hour blood pressure monitoring, and Diabetes risk assessment.
- Liaising with doctors and other healthcare professionals in regards to medication compliance and accuracy.
- To serve customers over the counter medicines and other pharmacy products as required
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Studies.
- 1 years pharmacy experience in a pharmacy technician role is preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail is essential
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task successfully in a busy and challenging environment.
- Cashier experience an advantage.
- Ability to use discretion when addressing customer queries and to treat customer/patient information with strict confidentiality.
- IT skills would be an advantage with MPS experience.
For further details, please contact Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician, Community Pharmacy, South Dublin