Pharmacy Technician - Co. Dublin
Pharmacy Technician required for our client, a leading and progressive pharmacy group.
- Help patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher essential
- 2/3 years pharmacy experience in a pharmacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good attention to detail is essential
- Excellent organisational skills, within a challenging environment.
- Cashier experience an advantage.
- Ability to use discretion when addressing information with strict confidentiality.
- IT skills would be an advantage.
Pharma Tech, Community Technician, Qualified Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Community Pharmacy
Please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856 in strictest confidence.