Pharma Maintenance Technician
Excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Technician (Fill Finish) to join a rapidly growing pharmaceutical company based in Waterford to support their fill finish operations
This company has invested millions into their Waterford facilities including a brand new R&D Facility which shows their long-term commitment to employees and the area. They pride themselves in recruiting, developing, and retaining the best people as they continue to grow.
What's in it for you?
This is a superb opportunity to work in for an innovative and friendly pharmaceutical company that serve patients with life-improving treatments. Your work will truly make a difference to people's lives and you will work alongside cutting-edge technology and a supportive and friendly team.
You will be part of a focused team who work together and support one another with their workloads. The atmosphere is friendly and all employees are supported by peers and managers. It is an exciting and innovative place to work!
Permanent position. Days role. Attractive salary and package on offer!
Your new position:
As Maintenance Technician you will be responsible to ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated to meet engineering and GMP requirements. You will support the Operation and Maintenance of equipment as part of the Sterile Fill Finish Operations Team.
- Support the Sterile Operations Team in the reliable operation, maintenance and calibration of equipment and understand in detail how equipment operates.
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance as required.
- Develop Maintenance schedules and ensure PMs and calibrations are completed per schedule.
- Ensure spare parts requirements are available and cost effective for equipment.
- Effective problem solving and reactive maintenance as required.
- Ensure the preventative maintenance routines are executed on time and in a compliant manner.
- Continuously improve the process through the improvement of equipment performance.
- Support the implementation of a Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Support Project activities as required to ensure Maintenance and Operational requirements are included. FAT attendance, commissioning and qualification support.
- Relevant Third Level Qualification preferred
- Minimum 5 year's maintenance experience within a Pharma manufacturing environment an absolute requirement
- Experience in a sterile Manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working on a project team and/or in a startup facility an advantage
- Experience in drafting SOPs, WIs and PMs would be an advantage.
- Multi-skilled - Primarily Mechanical, but understanding of Electrical & Automation
- Methodical problem solving approach.
- Operate SCADA/control systems and retrieve / interpret data
- Ability to interact with audits (internal and external) providing technical assurance from a quality and safety perspective.
- Proven track record of building relations with equipment vendors.