Person in Charge (Senior Nurse)
Person In Charge (PIC)
Type of role: Full time - 40 hours a week/ Permanent Contract
Working hours: shift work, mixed day & night shifts, weekends in rotation
Reporting to: Area Service Manager
Are you qualified, dedicated, and passionate about providing care to individuals with intellectual disabilities with experience in Supervisory or Management roles?
Would you like to join an organisation committed to working and improving the lives of people with intellectual disabilities?
Our client is looking for an energetic and compassionate PIC to join their team of professionals, promoting Independence and community inclusion for those with Intellectual Disabilities, based in Tipperary. In your role you will act as the support and care worker to people with intellectual and physical disabilities, driving toward positive changes every single day.
Duties AND benefits of this position include:
- Identify service-users needs in partnership with them and co-create early interventions and/or social action plans to meet those needs
- Manage and prioritise caseload appropriate to the post
- Provide supportive counselling, emotional and practical support, and information to service users and their families
- Support service-users to advocate for their own needs, or when and where appropriate to advocate on behalf of clients
Core Requirements Include:
- First or Second Level Nursing OR minimum of a Level 7 on the QQI Framework - BA in Social Care Studies, Social Care Management or equivalent relevant qualification in Health or Social Care
- Recognised Management Qualification FETAC/QQ1 Level 6 or equivalent
- Have experience working with people with an intellectual disability.
- Have a minimum of three years experience in a management/supervisory role.
- At least 5 years' experience in the health/social care or voluntary sector
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity please contact Nathan Adams, Recruitment Consultant, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment. Tel: 0864648418
Take the next step in your career today!
Looking to return home to Ireland to work? Here at FRS Recruitment we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
Contact: If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity please contact Nathan Adams, Recruitment Consultant, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment. Tel: M: +353 864648418 or email: