Packaging Technician/Engineer - New
Due to growth our client a leading Pharmaceutical company in Mid West/West of Ireland has a brand new opening and they are looking for a Packaging Engineer/Technician to join their team.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the main objective of this role is to ensure materials procured are functional in production, and in compliance with Quality, GMP, and Regulatory standards.
It is a great place to work, they have very low turnover of staff and I can see why. They have great career opportunities and they are offering excellent salary & benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Working with R&D to identify specification required for new packaging products in response to briefs
* Work with Procurement to identify alternative sources/compatible packaging for existing finished products in compliance with Regulatory/Quality requirements for top 10 Bottles and Caps in Year 1.
* Identifying product specifications for all printed and non-printed packaging to meet set requirements i.e. correct size and layout and compatible to the packaging process.`
* Key line generation and approval for Packaging and reduce number of keylines by 15%.
* Liaising with Production to run trials for checking of packaging suitability and testing for performance under various conditions and compiling comparison reports showing equivalence
* Looking at new technologies and innovative solutions with procurement and identifying items for trial from suppliers
* Responsible for management of packaging materials ensuring compliance to GMP standard, quality, regulatory and functional requirements.
* Point of contact for day to day quality issues related to packaging which effect plant efficiency. Work with cross-functional departments to drive the execution of the packaging productivity initiatives to achieve targeted annual savings.
* Proactively assist in resolving packaging design and line issues.
* Support initiatives by identifying packaging Best Practice requirements from incoming packaging through to finished product shipment.
* Manage change control process to ensure new packages are successfully validated.
* Ensure compatibility of packaging components with existing and future plant equipment.
* Work closely with current and new vendors to drive quality excellence and continuous improvement activities using technical knowledge and packaging best practices.
* Experience of end to end packaging development management.
* Bachelor degree in engineering or physical sciences or demonstrated relevant practical experience in this area.
* Understanding of printing techniques and Supply Chain.
* Extensive experience of direct Customer liaison and the management of multiple complex projects.
For more infomation call Teresa on 086 025 9348 up to 7pm