Rapidly growing, US Multi-national healthcare company in Galway currently recruiting for a Packaging Engineer.
With an amazing working environment, this company operate in a really interesting sector - full of surprises and massive projects and as Packaging Engineer you will support a number of strategic programs as well as providing support for packaging & labelling at the Galway site.
This is a company that fully support YOU and YOUR long term career goals. They offer full educational support, defined benefit pension, subsidized canteen, parking, life assurance and an annual bonus of 10% + designed to reward hard work and hitting targets. This is a place where achievement is recognized and internal progression opportunities are very much available.
Some of the key elements of the Packaging Engineer role will include:
* Project management execution on Packaging/R&D engineering projects at the Galway site.
* Leading continuous improvement projects in the area of Packaging & Labelling
* Participating in multifunctional sub Teams in executing packaging & labelling deliverables on next generation devices.
* Developing new innovative packaging concepts to be used on next generation products, in line with Marketing plans.
* Co-ordinating the introduction and overall evaluation of new materials as required for the Packaging operation activity.
* Participating actively with a broad array of support Vendors in supporting Packaging and R&D requirements.
* Support Tooling Development (Injection, Die Cut, etc.) for packaging components and accessory components to the device as required.
* Monitor specific in country regulations as they apply to Packaging Materials and Processes.
* Evolve best practices for packaging qualification programs against required International standards both PDP & Process Qualification.
* Provide direct input to Sterilization Methods and process changes, with particular input on impacts from a Packaging perspective.
* Understand and comply with Company Guidelines and Regulations.
My client is looking for a candidate who holds a relevant level 8 degree in Engineering/Science or a related discipline with 3 years +relevant experience in the medical device sector. To succeed in this role, you will be someone who is detail orientated with a strong quality and compliance mind-set.
Sounds like your cup of tea? To apply, click the button!
Or if you just have some questions about the job or want to have a chat call Feargus on 086 020 2554 or connect with me on http://bit.ly/2aNqmls or https://twitter.com/FeargusYoung