Operations Manager - Swords, Co. Dublin - Hybrid
My client, a leading facilities management company is seeking an experience Operations Manager to join their Irish leadership team in Swords, County Dublin.
As Operations Manager you will manage and lead the regional team whilst ensuring the growth and profitability of the area. This is a permanent, full time, hybrid position. (This is not fully remote)
Tasks & Duties
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships ensuring that regular liaison is maintained and that standards, audits, KPI's, SLA's and management reports reflect the standard of service to their optimum and in line with customer expectation.
- Ensure contract retention is maximised
- Produce costing sheets for contract annual reviews, operational amendments, new business (not within the sales criteria) and additional sites/services to existing contracts in accordance with the company pricing policy and sign off procedures
- Delivering out-sourced soft services to our client
- Optimise opportunities for additional works (scope works, price and submit quotes as required)
- Business development on existing contracts such as self-delivery of more soft services, consumables etc.
- Support business development in regard to surveys, pricing, meeting prospective clients
- Take full accountability of the financial budget to ensure profitable returns to the business and best value to the client
- To successfully manage and lead the regional team whilst ensuring the growth and profitable operation of the area
- Manage conflict, & resolve service provision
- Responsible for signing off for payment of supplier invoices
- To provide a safe working environment for our employees on client sites & to co-operate & co-ordinate with clients on site health & safety matters
- Mobilise new contract wins, follow the client Mobilization plan from TUPE through to steady state
- Motivate management team, train, supervise and organise replacement cover where required
- Monitor attendance, sick leave, holiday requests, and time sheets.
- Agree any training needs and free up staff accordingly
- Undertake performance management of staff under your control, performance manage as necessary
- Consult with HR on disciplinary issues for guidance and common understanding / approach
- Review applications, interview and select new recruits as and when approved and required
- Implement a positive health and safety culture
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Proven experience in one or more of the following industries: Facilities Management, Multi-site Retail, Hospitality Management or Workplace Catering Management is required.
- Proven success in an operational management position with customer satisfaction, line management and budget control responsibility.
- Experience in delivering out-sourced facilities & client management required
- Financial Management experience - previous experience managing a P&L in excess of €10 million is essential
- Strong People Management experience is a must
- Financial and Account Management understanding
- Be able to lead the on-site teams, challenge and positively influence their input to the sites
- Have excellent computer software skills
- Relevant qualification in Commercial / Business Management and / or related theme.