Operations Manager ( Horticulture )
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager on behalf of a Horticultural Producer Organisation. This is a full-time permanent role. For someone with more management experience this role could be managed on a 4 day week basis.
The Operations Manager will develop & manager the overall business of the Producer Group.
Duties to include
- Overall responsible for budgets, cash flow and financial reporting
- Preparation, implementation and reporting on the company's business plan
- To ensure company compliance with regulatory reporting requirements
- To develop and implement a Sales and Marketing Strategy for PO. Research market opportunities to optimise the value of members production. Develop new routes to market and develop new customers for the PO. Research and progress Product Development to increase returns to members.
- To provide the main point of contact and ensure effective communication between the growers and the PO Board and with other stakeholders and service providers.
- To attend PO Board meetings. Inform the Board on all matters of relevance and importance.
- To build effective working relationship with each member of the PO and have a clear understanding of the member business needs. Organise regular meetings for growers.
- To ensure that the Health and Safety policy of the business is up to date and adhered to
- To promote the benefits of group membership. Recruit new members in line with the agreed policy.
- To coordinate the planning and production of ACME Co-op Ltd members produce to maximise market opportunities, minimise waste and ensure optimum returns for growers.
- To provide members with support, advice, and guidance on the production of the crop
- To provide support, advice, and guidance on quality assurance
- To provide support, advice, and guidance to on harvesting techniques and processes to optimise grower production
- Experience in dealing with budgets & cash flows.
- Experience of working in the Horticultural sector an advantage but not essential
- Previous administration experience.
- Experience of reporting at board level an advantage.
Please email your CV through the attached link
Phone calls in confidence to John on 087 9955439