FRS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager on behalf of a leading nationwide distributor of Hardware , Steel & Plumbing materials. This is a full-time permanent role.
Our client has been in business for over 100 years and in that period they have become a nationwide distributors of Hardware, Wire, Steel, Salt, Plumbing Materials and Bathroom Supplies.
It has become a nationwide business with distribution centres in Cork , Naas & Dublin with revenues approaching 110 million euro. The business employs over 140 staff and has very ambitious plans for the future.
The successful candidate for this role will form an important part of the senior management team and will have further opportunities for growth and personal development.
Reporting to the Director you will be responsible for for the day-to-day running of the business.
Duties to include
- Work closely with the management to learn about the business and the daily routines involved in the day-to day running of same. You will learn about the key suppliers across our core product ranges and develop professional working relationships with key personnel across our supplier base.
- Manage stock procurement to ensure maximisation of margins while simultaneously minimising both stock-outs and over-stocks.
- Help shape the working environment by setting high performance standards for the team and creating a culture where high performers are rewarded.
- Generate key performance metrics to both demonstrate efficiency's and highlight areas for improvement.
- Track business performance (diagnostic and predictive analysis) and provide high quality data to help drive sales pitches to customers, promotional activity as well as business forecasting and reporting to management.
- Act as a motivator and technical support for the sales process through early identification of lost business, communication of potential business through customer sales analysis by product, and the creation of useful templates that can be rolled out through the customer base as required.
- Contribute ideas to The Group for continuous business process improvement, reviewing and refining the sales process, the purchasing process and customer relationship management.
- Proactively engage across the Group business (Finance, HR, Sales, Purchasing) and relevant external parties (Marketing etc) to prioritise profit maximisation.
- Highly driven and self-motivated individual confident in your ability to analyse and identify revenue-generating opportunities.
- You will have previous experience of business software packages and be skilled in the use of tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- You will have 3-5 year's experience in previous commercial roles.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate, inspire and lead.
- Previous work experience in the DIY / Hardware / Agricultural sector an advantage but not essential.
- 3rd Level qualification in Business / Agriculture or related discipline is an advantage.
Attractive salary & other benefits.
Please call John Miller on 087 9955439 , all calls and inquires will be processed in the strictest of confidence.