YOUR NEW COMPANY
My client is an innovative, rapidly expanding food production company with sites in Galway and the Midlands and who employ over 250 staff across both plants
This is a great company to work who have built up an excellent reputation with their suppliers, customers and staff in the 40 years they have been in operation. Currently recruiting for an experienced Ops Manager ideally coming from food looking for the next challenge in their career
YOUR NEW JOB
To excel in the Operations Manager you will need to be a senior experienced 'manager of managers', have a strong backbone, excellent communication skills and the ability to get on well with others in what is a friendly and people focused production environment.
You will be managing an experienced and highly productive team of 10 managers coming from a range of functions including Production, Procurement, H & S, Planning, Supply Chain, Maintenance , Dispatch and Finance. My client doesn't need a micro manager but rather someone who can step in to what is already a 'well oiled machine' and be there when issues need to be escalated at a senior level, co-ordinate each department and ensure that production needs are being met.
Reporting to the two company directors, in the Operations Manager job you will be primarily managing my client's main site in Galway along with a smaller sister plant in the Midlands that will also come under your remit.
Day to day some of your key duties will include
- Working closely with the directors to ensure smooth day to day operations.
- Define and understand the short- and medium-term requirements of operations and implement a strategy to meet these requirements.
- Help co ordinate and resolve all HR issues relating to operations.
- Help the production manager measure certain aspects of production and to ensure Supervisors, Team Leaders and General Operators are appropriately trained, motivated and carry out their responsibilities to the highest standard.
- Oversee all operating processes to ensure that the most efficient and effective use is made of plant equipment and that Health and Safety standards are adhered to.
- Monitor output to ensure that Production meet the required production levels to meet customer demands.
- Play an important role in all site audits/ visit and become a project lead for any new operational installations or processes.
- Maintain an awareness of new developments in production processes and propose modifications to plant and equipment so that the Company makes the best use of technological developments in its sector.
- Manage and co - ordinate the warehousing function in the business
WHAT IN IT FOR YOU?
There is an excellent salary of €75k-€85k doe available with the company happy to discuss a benefits package during the interview process. You would be working in a very friendly and employee focused production environment where the work gets done but where the staff are more than just a number and treated accordingly by the senior mgt team.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Ideally you will come from a food production environment (although my client will look outside of food for the right applicant if you have previous experience of managing large teams in production environments)
Sound like your cup of tea, then don't delay and apply today and suitable applicants will be contacted within 24 hours.