Are you a strong and consistent leader with a background in Ops Mgt within ideally meat or food production looking for your next opportunity in the Midlands?
If so, this is the Operations Manager job that you have been waiting for!
YOUR NEW COMPANY
Our client, a food company based in Tipperary are currently recruiting for an Ops Manager.
Commutable from Tipperary, Kilkenny, Laois, Offaly and parts of Galway & Limerick a role here represents an opportunity to joining a progressive and highly successful Food Production company where you'll have ample opportunity to progress your career.
YOUR NEW JOB
As Ops Manager you remit is to ensure that production targets (yields, efficiencies, throughput, quality, costs) within the business unit are consistently met through the effective management of people and processes. Reporting to the Factory Manager you will be directly and indirectly leading a workforce of over 300 people
Day to day you'll be liaising with the Business Unit Managers, Technical & Quality Manager, Plant Manager, Maintenance, HR & Health & Safety
Some of your key elements of the Operations Manager job will include:
- Oversee daily factory production ensuring that handover from shift to shift is carried out in an efficient manner especially in relation to handoff of shortages and maintenance issues
- Ensure target yields are achieved for all products on all lines
- Liaise with HR to organize staff
- Ensure all plant equipment is run to its full potential and that downtime is recorded accurately and is minimized through careful planning and organization.
- Cooperate and assist with Internal and External audits and implement any ensuing Correcting / Preventative Actions
- Ensuring all products from the cook lines are to the correct specification thus ensuring optimum product yield efficiency
- Ensure all paperwork is completed for traceability purposes completing a walk about and spot checking same
- Champion a positive H&S culture at all times
- Ensure all new starters are assigned a mentor and link in daily with new employee developing skill and future talent in all new starters
- Work with Business Unit Manager and HR developing new skills and talent in all teams ensuring training matrix and training records are completed
- Identifying potential maintenance issues and proactively addressed same with maintenance
- Escalation of all daily maintenance issues communicating seriousness of breakdowns etc.
WHATS IT FOR YOU
There is a competitive salary (€80k-€85k) benefits package(pension and bonus) as befits a role at this level along with the opportunity to work in with a food producing company who are acknowledged as one of the Midlands top employers.
You will have lots of opportunity for personal and professional development in a very progressive and fast paced indigenous Irish success story who invest heavily in both their people and their plant & equipment (invested over €35m in the plant back in 2018!)
The company have weathered Covid exceptionally well and have an orderbook that is 'packed to the gills' so the future is very bright for my client. There isn't a slaughterhouse here and you'll be working in a very modern and well equipped facility.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
My client is looking for an Operations Manager who is proactive to issues that arise and who has a right first time attitude that doesn't accept inconsistency
You'll have strong people management skills with a proven ability to communicate, engage, motivate, influence and build strong working relationships with others.
You'll also need to a bit of a perfectionist who is very results driven
This Operations Manager job requires a confident & decisive planner who can consider all variables & sequences and knock-on effects in the supply and process chain and you'll also need to come from a similar industry background i.e. meat processing or general food production
Sound like you? Then don't delay and apply today.
If you are proactive, consistent, highly motivated, a strong team leader, have a strong desire to succeed and progress, please email your cv now.