Did the CV19 lockdown get you thinking about work/life balance and your current commute?
Our client, based in West Cork (Skib/Dunmanway area), is looking to expand their management team and take on a commercially astute Operations Manager.
The company is experiencing a period of significant growth and requires a leader who will drive and facilitate this growth. You will be joining an indigenous, innovative and sustainable company of high repute.
If you are currently living in the south/west of Co Cork, and you are currently doing a massive commute for a multinational company where you are tired of the politics, foreign/multinational culture then this would interest you!
You will be joining a company where there is less bureaucracy, long term prospects and a local/Cork feel.
- Do you have a formal degree and at least 15 years manufacturing experience, a good part of which will have been leading a high performing team, ideally in a first tier food supplier to Irish or UK retail?
- Do you have a solid understanding of production machinery optimisation and would you be able to contribute to development plans for the factory?
- You will have demonstrable experience of operating to exacting standards, ideally having already worked under BRC or equivalent.
- You will have ideally been part of a manufacturing environment that operated under an ERP system and that has implemented LEAN projects or equivalent continuous improvement programmes.
- leading a team that oversee 170 general operatives and supervisors
- you will enable successful delivery of daily production
- you will lead the production leadership team. This group, made up of your management team and some direct reports, is responsible for planning future production, ensuring ongoing product quality, productivity of staff and cost control.
- Your ability to provide clear direction and leadership to this group, in close collaboration with the business owners will be key to the success of this role.
- In addition to maintaining high performance levels in current processes, you will be able to analyse them and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Making business cases for change and maintaining oversight of change programmes.
- You will develop and maintain budgets for operations and provide oversight of performance against this.
- You will help shape and sustain the development of your team of floor managers, supervisors and line leaders, ensuring that there is a broad base of competence on the production floor.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting role, please apply by sending your cv and I will contact you to discuss this further.
PLEASE NOTE: You need to be living in the general location (have a connection to/interest in the area and keen to relocate/return home) AND BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN IRELAND WITHOUT A VISA - there is a tax free relocation assistance bonus for the ideal candidate.
Consultant: Mandy Devlin 086 410 6852
You may have also searched for Production Manager Jobs Cork, Production Manager jobs Ireland, Production Manager jobs West Cork, Operations Manager jobs, Food Production Manager jobs, Ops Manger jobs, Operations Manager jobs Cork, Operations Manager jobs Ireland