My client a leading supplier of quality Building Supplies and DIY Materials to the trade and public are recruiting for an Operations Manager to join their thriving branch in Co. Cork.
This is a full time, permanent position where you will be responsible for the day to day operational functions in a busy branch with significant capacity to grow.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, the responsibilities of the Operations Manager will include the following:
- Day to day running of the manufacturing plant to high operating, safety and housekeeping standards.
- Responsible for production planning, ensuring that roof trusses are manufactured on a timely basis.
- Responsible for reviewing and enhancing the existing KPI's to ensure a culture of consistent production, continuous improvement and improved performance.
- Responsible for overall stock management and maintaining an efficient level of stock on the site and liaising with the group stock management function as and when required.
- Liaising with Group Purchasing and suppliers regarding the procurement of raw materials.
- Responsible for ensuring that deliveries to customers take place on a timely basis.
- People management, mentoring, development and liaising and liaising with Group HR.
- Responsible for identifying and delivering costs savings and efficiencies.
- Responsible for Health and Safety, Quality and Compliance.
- Ensuring that the business operates in compliance with company procedures and policies.
- Operations management experience in a manufacturing or processing environment
- A track record of delivering operational improvement and efficiencies.
- Excellent organisational and team building skills.
For a confidential discussion or further information please contact Emer on 0860437889