Operations Manager ( Agri )
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager for a leading agricultural business. This is a full-time permanent role.
My client is an ambitious and expanding Irish owned Agri-Business, with interests in the seed and animal nutrition sectors.
Currently we are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to lead and shape supply chain operations - ensuring that it is appropriately managed and developed to serve the expanding needs of a busy wholesale businesses.
This newly created role is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive organisation at an exciting time in its growth in Ireland.
Overall responsibility for managing product supply for our seed divisions - including sourcing, processing and delivery to customers. The focus of the role is to deliver improved performance and value to the business through increased efficiency and enhanced customer service.
Duties to include
- Management of the procurement, processing and delivery functions.
- Delivering on production targets in terms of quality, volumes, timeliness and value.
- Managing relationships with third party contractors / suppliers including farmers, contractors, processors, hauliers and storage facilities.
- Process improvement including maintenance of existing ISO systems and any other QA standards deemed appropriate to the business.
- Ensuring appropriate risk management procedures are in place in terms of maintenance, health and safety, stock management etc.
- Drive enhanced customer service
- 8+ years' experience in an operations or supply chain management role.
- Ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively effectively.
- Positive and problem solving mindset, always looking for innovative ways to get things done and make improvements.
- A keen interest or experience of agriculture would be an advantage.
- Ambitious and takes pride in maintaining high standards of work.
This is a full-time permanent role based in Waterford. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
To apply for this role please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to John on 087 9955439