Want to work with a leading Not For Profit oprganization?
Look no further as my client Grow Remote are recruiting for a Operations Lead to join there expanding team. Grow Remote are driven by the vision of a world where employment is both visible and accessible to everyone everywhere. They are a social enterprise who believe in the transformative power that remote working can have for every community in Ireland.
Grow Remote is a fast-growing and innovative organisation which sits at the intersection of multiple sectors and disciplines such as community development, the start-up world, the tech industry, the social enterprise sector, further education and training and Ireland's labour market.
The Operations Lead will be an integral member of our team as Grow Remote continues to grow and to work towards our mission of driving fundamental change throughout Ireland. They will be responsible for leading the efficient and effective delivery of operations and for building and improving business processes across all areas of the business, including administration, HR, finance, and internal policies and procedures.
Sounds good? What does your day to day look like:
- Processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Managing the procurement process
- Liasing with external accountants in relation to preparation of financial statements
- All other accounts related administrative duties such as cash flow, budgets and bank reconciliations
- Provide administrative support for recruitment and onboarding of new hires
- Support team training and development initiatives and activities
- Develop and enhance employee-related resources such as our Company Handbook
- Work closely with the General Manager on any organisational or Board requirements which will include drafting and compiling executive-level communications, presentations, reports, grant applications, board packs etc
- Supporting business development activities as needed.
- Provide administrative support where appropriate to Grow Remote's community, training, and employer teams, ensuring the delivery of quality services.
- Develop, evolve, and manage standardised administrative processes with a focus on operational excellence.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve processes and collaborate closely with the Grow Remote team to ensure maximum satisfaction for all stakeholders.
- Maintain consistency and quality of external communications such as documents, reports, and presentations.
Policies & Procedures:
- Ensure all internal policies and procedures are kept in line with legislative requirements and are systematically reviewed in line with statutory requirements and organisational changes, including GDPR, Health & Safety, Employment Law and other relevant areas.
- Facilitate and encourage a culture of collaboration through open communication, while driving operational effectiveness and excellence throughout the organisation
- Take responsibility for the management and governance of the organisation's use of internal systems to ensure consistency and compliance with all relevant data protection and data security requirements
- Drive continuous improvement across the organisation
- Live our values on a daily basis.
- You are a self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work on your own initiative.
- You have a start-up mindset and enjoy being part of a fast-paced, innovative, and growing organisation.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You are highly organised; you can manage and prioritise a varied workload and you have excellent attention to detail.
- You act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- You are willing to do the big and small things with equal conviction: you'll be expected to work strategically but not be afraid to work on the ground.
- You enjoy finding simple solutions to problems.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have 5 years' experience in a relevant role.
- Hold a relevant qualification such as business administration, HR, finance, or accounting.
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practices.
- Knowledge of risk analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
- A working knowledge of a range of software such as G-suite, MS office suite, project management tools, remote collaboration tools and accounting software.
- Experience in change management.
- Big plus: experience working remotely.
Report to: General Manager
Equipment: We will supply you will the tools you need to do your job well (Laptop, screen, peripherals)
- Salary - €35,000, 1 year full-time contract, with a view to extending this once funding is secured
- Income protection and a 5 % employer pension contribution (post probation)
- flexible working hours
- the chance to fundamentally change Ireland
Location: Anywhere in the Republic of Ireland - fully remote
Deadline for applications is 5 pm on the 7th of May 2021
Interviews will take place during the week of the 24th of May.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV