Ocean Freight Manager- Shannon
My client, a Global Distribution Organization is growing its customs department and is in need of an Ocean Freight Manager to join their fast paced and dynamic site in Shannon.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Ocean Freight Manager who is looking for a role in which they can utilize their experience in International Shipping and Management and grow on their career. This company has excellent benefits and opportunities for progression.
The duties for the Ocean Freight Manager include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the management of the branch ocean department
- Ensure that productivity and profitability goals for ocean department are met
- Be responsible for the training and development of ocean staff within the branch
- Be responsible for compliance and quality issues for the ocean product within the branch, specifically but not limited to:
- Compliance with Company OPS Procedures
- Compliance with local/regional government and Federal Maritime
- Commission (FMC) regulations, including ATS
- Compliance with Dangerous Goods Regulations (where applicable)
- Compliance with LATAM, Middle East/ISC regulations
- Develop relationships with the "core" carriers
- Develop joint local strategies with the carriers to ensure our account base is satisfied and our value to the carrier increases
- Ensure Company requirements on space, service and price are clearly communicated to each carrier
- Have a thorough understanding of local market pricing conditions
- Oversee the branch bid/quotation process for the ocean product
- Train, educate, and assist branch sales staff on ocean product, through joint sales calls
- Participate in the weekly branch sales meeting
- Assist District Manager with preparation of annual department budget and review the PNL
- Review, understand and focus on improving department freight yields.
- Ensure any contracts, vendor, customer or other, are reviewed in accordance to company contract policies prior to being signed.
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and in being the role model of integrity and pride for all employees.
The requirements for the desired Ocean Freight Manager include:
- Previous experience in a similar Ocean Freight role
- Previous people management experience
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word etc.)
- Negotiation skills
- Influencing skills
- Previous experience with Word, Excel, Windows, Email, various PC based software
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.